Monday, April 11, 2016

2 Weeks Of Student Teaching Left

Last week was an incredibly rewarding/tiring/semi-stressful/ fun time! Realizing that I only have 2 weeks of student teaching left has made me realize that I have a lot of work to do... It is a manageable amount, but yet, it is still a lot! Dr. Rice came to Bellwood-Antis on Friday... I learned a lot from her and got some great advice that I am trying to incorporate in these last couple weeks!

How I Can Improve:

  1. Real-Life- I occasionally forget to bring the lessons content back to students lives... Meaning, I need to make sure that students know why we are learning the material, and how it could benefit them in the future! For me, this is a little easier in Ag. Mechanics classes than my Ag. Science classes! On top of that, I have had a lot of experiences in my life and I should start using more of my own stories to help students learn! 
What I am Getting: 

  1. Time Management- I am finally starting to feel like I have my time under control... I am spending more time outside of class preparing, but throughout the day, I feel like I have more time and am better prepared! My classes are also getting the amount done that I originally planned for! 
  2. Rapport- Most students are giving me respect and following the rules that I have set aside. It has taken some time and it hasn't always been easy... but my persistence is paying off! There are of course a couple students who would love confrontation, but instead, I do not give it to them.
Dr. Rice @ Bellwood-Antis

I felt nervous whenever I thought of Dr. Rice coming to visit and observe me teach ALL seven of my classes! Even though I shouldn't have been nervous, it is hard to not be whenever someone is watching/critiquing your teaching! I feel that everything went well and she was happy with my progression since the beginning of the year!

I cannot wait to keep learning from this experience... but on the other hand, I cannot wait to be done! I am definitely going to miss the students, Mr. Webreck, and Bellwood!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment