Friday, January 15, 2016

First Week of Student Teaching




After farm show, there were a lot of students who had the "Farm Show Flu" as Mr. Webreck called it, but for the most part, the students who were there were ready to learn. My first week happened to be the week of preparing and taking mid terms for all of the Ag. classes. The three days spent with students in the classroom consisted of answering questions, grading tests, and getting to know my students as well as possible!

For the most part, all of my students were very respectful and listened to what me and Mr. Webreck had to say, with a few exceptions. The classes are pretty small, which I like; I have gotten to know many of the students already and have got some one on one time with them.
I have thoroughly enjoyed observing the students and the current projects that they are working on in the shop, where I thrive!

I have talked to a lot of teachers around the school and they are all very welcoming and inviting to help me if I am in need of anything! Today was my first in-service day as a teacher and it is definitely much more eventful when students are at school!  I am already starting to get in the daily routine of waking up at 5:30 and going to bet at 10 every day. Makes me feel old! So far, there has not been a boring day with the students!

I look forward to the experience only getting better and my stories to get longer! I cannot wait to start teaching my own class in the upcoming week!


Have a good week,
Mike

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are acclimating yourself well in the school Mike! Developing relationships and connections across disciplines can create great synergy for future projects. Don't be afraid to reach out to them to collaborate while you are there! Setting a routine and sticking to leads to great success. Although it is a great change from "college life" it is setting you up for success after graduation! Keep up the good work!

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I am so proud of you and happy to hear of your enjoyment thus far! You will be a great teacher and I know your students at Bellwood will become great individuals just from having the opportunity to know you!
    P.S. Thank you for your text the other morning, it made my day just to talk to you! We are in this together :)

    See you at ACES!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, it's awesome to hear how well you are enjoying week one! I can only imagine how much your students enjoy and respect you! Excited to hear more of your adventures, proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep is important. Get that 7-8 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike! Glad to hear that week one went well! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete