Friday, January 15, 2016

Mid Winter Convention & the 100th Annual Farm Show

Going to the 100th annual Farm Show as my first official day as Mr. Swartwood was a great experience! Mr. Webreck and myself took 26 students to the Farm Show with 4 receiving jackets and 3 receiving their Keystone degrees! There were a lot of familiar faces on the bus, and it was nice to meet more of the students for the first time! While at the farm show, I sat on the floor during the Mid-Winter Convention which let me get the full experience, it was  a joy to see the smiles from students whenever they were able to finally put on their blue and gold jackets! One of my favorite parts of the trip was just walking around the complex, looking at tractors, machines, food, and industry!


I heard that there were a few "musts" while I was at the Farm Show:
Number 1: Getting a milkshake... I can honestly say, they were awesome and I am glad that I took that advice!
Number 2: The butter sculpture, not only was it my first time seeing such a thing, it was my first time ever seeing one! Well over 1,000 pounds of butter is something to see!


I look forward to many more great experiences through my student teaching experience and expect things to only get better!


Thanks!
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Mike. It appears the blog post is not showing the photo you included, so you might want to revisit that.

    I look forward to reading more in the weeks to follow!

    ReplyDelete