Tuesday, April 19, 2016

New and Beginning Teachers!

New and beginning teachers, that's me... As usual, Mr. Webreck and myself got into his truck one night and were headed down the road! We went to Indiana, PA where we went to the New and Beginning Teacher Dinner at Hoss's; there were a lot of great resources shared that night from other new teachers, as well as Mr. Ron Frederick from the Center for Professional Development.

After a great meal, that only costed me one "resource to share", we shared out our ideas and resources. I decided that I was going to bring a "bolt tractor", we are using these for center pieces at the FFA banquet on April 28th! I felt that the other guests weren't getting their moneys worth from that idea, so I also packed a trailer D-Ring Tie down plan that would work for a students metalworking/welding project.

Overall, mostly every face was familiar, but I did meet a couple new teachers and strengthen relationships with the teachers I do know! Having to attend these meetings can seem like a pain in the butt at times, but it is worth it! It is worth it because other Ag. teachers from around the state get to know you, and will be more willing to help you! No matter what you decide to do, it is always important to build relationships with others! I am thankful for great mentors in this wonderful profession!



It was nice to share ideas and laughs with other teachers from across the state! I look forward to more encounters like this! 
Until Next Time, 

Mike Swartwood

No comments:

Post a Comment