Friday, March 4, 2016

Week Prior To SLLC

This week has been a little bit crazy feeling, but with that feeling, it went by super fast! With the upcoming trip to SLLC in Harrisburg this Sunday to Tuesday, there has been a lot of planning and sub-planning in order to make sure that not only the trip goes as planned, but that the substitute teacher knows what is going on and things are productive for the two days Mr. Webreck and I are gone.

I am excited to be engaged in my first SLLC this coming week…I feel like I am always saying the word “first” this semester! This is exciting to me because I am constantly learning new things and going new places! I am excited to see myself, as well as the 2 students that we are taking grow from this experience. I expect that there will be very informative teacher workshops that we will be participating in while at SLLC.

Planning for a sub was not too much harder than planning for myself, except there is not any shop work because the substitutes are not generally comfortable being in the shop. I am grateful to have a cooperating teacher that is so helpful and willing to share his materials for lessons! Planning a couple days of book work is kind of “boring” too me, but the students are used to having book work and it should not be a big deal for most of them.


This was the first full week of my small gas engines (SGE) unit and I have to say, I am really excited to teach students the in’s and out’s about engines! I have a couple students who know some basics about engines, but most of my class is almost clueless on how an engine works! Instead of letting students lack of knowledge on engines bring me down, I am actually super excited and up for the challenge on making them all capable of disassembling, re-assembling, and troubleshooting engine problems!  Mr. Webreck is super knowledgeable on engines and I can not wait to learn from him! 

2 comments:

  1. mike,
    try to include pictures! hope to see you at SLLC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your experience. As you step back and look at your experience thus far, what areas do you think you have grown in the most? How so? Where do you see more improvement needed?

    Enjoy SLLC!

    LR

    ReplyDelete